"Samba is the Cousin of Jazz" is a biographical film about Alcione Diaz Nazareth, also known as "Brown" or simply Alcione. The documentary pictures the great Brazilian performer's musical path, her introduction to the music industry, her relationships to family, friends and, specially, long running band conductor Alexandre Menezes.
The film brings us closer to an Alcione that is casual, fun, committed and matriarchal towards life and her artistic creative process.
- Directed by: Angela Zoé
- Written by: Angela Zoé, Luis Abramo
- Executive Production: Monique Cruz
- Director of Photography: Luis Abramo
- Editing: Nina Galanternick, EDT
- Post Production: Tiago Arakilian
- Sound Editing and Mixing: Damião Lopes
- Musical Supervision: Marcos Souza
- Gramado Festival - Competitive Brazilian Feature Film Show
- Inffinito Film Festival - Miami and NY - Competitive Documentary Exhibition
- Santos Film Festival - Competitive Feature Film - Best Feature Award by the Popular Jury
- Kinoarte Film Festival
- Women of Audiovisual Festival 2021