Departing from Belém and crossing much of the Paraense Amazon, its towns and riverside villages, "Amazon Groove" reveals the artists and their traditions, faith and mysticism, music and life that vibrate in the North region of the country, little known in the eyes of Brazilians themselves.
The extraordinary life experiences of the protagonists, their artistic originalities, and the precious oral tradition of the Amazonian musicians, together with the intangible force that emanates from the region, are in every frame of the film. This force, the result of ancient cultures, of a particular spirituality - called "enchantment" - and a rich miscegenation, emanates a unique sonority, an impressive musical energy unlike anything most of us have experienced on screen screens . An energy born of the waters, the indigenous heritages and the quilombolas, the songs of the Masters, the mythology of the forest and the rivers that overflow ancestralities and chimeras.
Through his artists, "Amazon Groove" gives voice to a fundamental part of Planet Earth, extending the look and awareness of Brazil and the world to an almost unknown musical tradition that has so much to reveal to us.
- Directed by: Bruno Murtinho
- Screenplay: Daniel Castro and Bruno Murtinho
- Cinematographer: Jacques Cheuiche, ABC
- Musical Direction: Marco Andre
- Production: Leonardo Edde
- Co-production: Marco André
- Executive Producer: Leonardo Edde
- Production Director: Teo Mesquita and Moana Mendes
- Co-producers: Bruno Murtinho, Fernando Segtowick and Thiago Pelaes
- Co-production: Parioca Filmes, Bambu Filmes e Marahu Produções
- Editing: Bruno Murtinho
- Finalization Production: Lívia Borges
- Rio International Film Festival 2018 - Midnight Movies
- Paris Brazilian Film Festival 2019
- 2019 SXSW Film Awards - 24 Beats per seconds - Special Jury Award: Zeiss Cinematography Award