This documentary tells the story of one of the biggest names in Brazilian music, Chico Buarque. He is known for being a quiet artist, but has now allows cameras to record his routine and his creative process. In concert, he still welcomes great guests to help him tell his story through music.
Chico Buarque only said yes to this documentary due to his friendship with the director Miguel Faria Jr. The production also tells the story of the discovery of a German brother Chico didn't know he had until recently, as per The German Brother, his latest novel.
Chico Buarque, Adriana Calcanhoto, Carminho, Laila Garin, Mart’nália, Milton Nascimento, Mônica Salmasso, Moyseis Marques, Ney Matogrosso, Péricles.
- Screenplay: Diana Vasconcellos, Miguel Faria Jr.
- Editing: Diana Vasconcellos
- Photo direction: Lauro Escorel
- Original music: Luiz Claudio Ramos, from the work of Chico Buarque
- Sound: Bruno Fernandes
- Production: Miguel Faria Jr., Jorge Peregrino
- Opening Film at the Rio International Film Festival 2015
- Best Documentary Photography by the Brazilian Photography Association 2016
- Best Documentary / Best Documentary Editing / Best Sound / Best Soundtrack at the Brazilian Film Grand Prix 2016