Murilo Benício’s second feature film, a dramedy based on one of the greatest hits of Brazilian theatre. Soon after learning of the death his mother Pérola, Mauro returns to his old family home in Bauru (São Paulo, Brazil). A look back into his mother’s peculiar habits, her illusions, sense of humour, spirituality, and desire to control all things... with the love and tenderness which only distance and time allows. A reunion between mother and son: their conflicts, conversations, and dreams of a better life all converge in the construction of a swimming pool in their backyard. A portrait of an ordinary family that fights, makes up, celebrates, cries, and carries on, full of stories just like any other.
First Brazilian film based on the works of Mauro Rasi.
Drica Moraes, Léo Fernandes, Rodolfo Vaz, Cláudia Missura, Louise Cardoso, Valentina Bandeira, Marianna Armellini, Lavínia Pannunzio, Gilray Coutinho, Gustavo Machado, Gustavo Duque, Jefferson Schroeder
- Directed by: Murilo Benício
- Written by: Adiana Falcão, Marcelo Saback, Jô Abdu and Murilo Benício
- Production: Marcello Ludwig Maia, Murilo Benício
- Cinematography: Kika Cunha
- Art Direction: Valéria Costa
- Edition: Tainá Diniz
- Original Music: Berna Ceppas
- Co-Production: Globo Filmes, RioFilme, Canal Brasil and Telecine
- Production Companies: República Pureza and MB. Produções