When Filipe Masetti Leite leaves his adoptive home of Canada, he sets out on an epic quest to ride from Calgary to his family's home in Brazil - and later beyond - entirely on horseback.
Inspired by Aimé Tschiffely's 1925 equestrian journey from Argentina to New York, Filipe's 8-year odyssey of over 25,000km across twelve international borders, sees the young immigrant battle intense heat, drought, speeding transport trucks, nature's wrath and corrupt border guards on his history-making long ride home.
Culled from over 500 hours of never-before-seen footage, The Long Rider deals with the issue of chronic loneliness, and the insensitive and restrictive nature of international borders, but is above all an inspirational and emotional story of the most daring and epic proportions.
Filipe Masetti Leite, Clara Davel
- Directed and Produced by: Sean Cisterna
- Executive Producers: Filipe Masetti Leite, Peter Hawkins, Arnon Melo, Sonya Di Rienzo, Aeschylus Poulos
- Director of Photography: Filipe Masetti Leite
- Interview Cinematography: Carl Elster, Ingrid Vido
- Edition: Lee Walker
- Maps Created by: Esri
- Original Score: Edgardo Moreno
- Original Song "My Horse" by 4i4, Filipe Masetti Leite, Shelagh Haney
- Sound Design: Kathy Choi
- Production Companies: Mythic Productions and Mojo Global Arts, in association with NC2 Media
- Northwestfest International Documentary Festival – Edmonton, Alberta - Audience Choice Best Documentary, Audience Choice Best Canadian Documentary
- Sunscreen Film Festival – St Petersburg, Florida - Best Documentary Award
- Beaufort International Film Festival – Beaufort, South Carolina - Audience Choice Award
- Canadian Film Fest
- Dances with Films – Los Angeles, California
- Mumbai International Film Festival - Mumbai, India
- Wyoming International Film Festival – Cheyenne, Wyoming