In the last decade, democracies as distinct as Brazil, the USA, France, Egypt and Ukraine have been taken over by street protests that had, as a unifying element, dissatisfaction with traditional politics. All their governments fell, either by force or by electoral route. Even so, the crisis remains alive and producing results that leave the entire world perplexed. THE PARADOX OF DEMOCRACY is a documentary that seeks to overcome this perplexity, with the help of intellectuals and political actors such as Jacques Rancière, J.C. Monedero, Steven Liveski, Angela Alonso and Yascha Mounk, among others.
- Directed by: Belisario Franca
- Written by: Belisario Franca and Pedro Nóbrega
- Executive Producers: Maurício Magalhães, Bianca Lenti
- Director of Photography: Basia Winograd, Paul Lewis Anderson and Thiago Lima
- Edition: Maria Altberg
- São Paulo International Film Festival 2019
- Rio International Film Festival 2019